Most of the documents on this page will be in
.pdf format. You will need Acrobat Reader to open the files. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, please click here.
- "Beef Industry Perspective: Intervention, Response, Consumer Confidence"
National Cattleman's Beef Association
.pdf format [746 kb]
- "Pointing the Finger at Contaminated Food"
Oregon Public Health Division
.pdf format [7,551 kb]
- "Overview of Recall Activities from the FDA Perspective"
Recall Operations, FDA
.pdf format [89 kb]
- "Food Recalls Retail Perspective"
The Kroger Company
.pdf format [556 kb]
- 02/24/2007 :
Here are some of the presentations from the "Foodborne Illness From a Legal Perspective: Lessons Learned" conference held on 02/21/2007 at Nashville.
- "ALERT: The Basics"
New Orleans District FDA Office
.pdf format [1.3 Mb]
- "Making Food Safety a Priority"
Jack in the Box, Inc.
.pdf format [101 kb]
- "Separating the Chaff from the Wheat: The Key to Successful Foodborne Illness Litigation"
Bruce Clark and Patti Waller,
Marler Clark LLP, PS
.pdf format [896 kb]
- 02/28/2006 :
Here are some of the presentations from the "Food Safety: Understanding and Managing Listeria and Food Allergens" conference held on 02/09/2006 at Nashville.
- "Food Allergens – Basic Principles and Control Strategies"
Steve L. Taylor, Ph.D.,
Associate Professor and Co-Director, Food Allergy Research & Resource Program, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
.pdf format [83 kb]
- "FDA Approaches to Food Allergens"
Carol S. Sanchez
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA
.pdf format [824 kb]
- "Stay Flexible and Stay With It: Implementing Allergen Controls"
.pdf format [41 kb]
- "Meat and Poultry Recalls"
Hany Sidrak, DVM
Director, Recall Management Staff, FSIS/USDA
.pdf format [49 kb]
- "The 2003 HHS-USDA Listeria monocytogenes Risk Assessment as it Relates to Retail Food"
Sherri Dennis, Ph.D.
.pdf format [889 kb]
- 09/15/2003 :
Here are some of the speeches delivered at the "Food Security: Understanding and Minimizing the Risks" conference held on 09/04/2003 at Nashville.
- "FDA Overview of Registration and Prior Notice Proposed Regulations Implementing the Bioterrorism Act"
Director, Nashville Branch, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
.pdf format [41 kb]
- "Food Safety and Security A Food Service Distributor's Perspective"
Dr. Cary Baird, Ph.D.,
Director of Food Security/Q.A., U.S. Foodservice, Inc.
.pdf format [2,275 kb]
- "Foodborne Terrorism How Will We Know It When We See It ?"
Tim Jones, M.D.,
Deputy State Epidemiologist, Tennessee Department of Health
.pdf format [1,720 kb]
- "Tampering in the Market Place"
Office of Criminal Investigation, FDA
.pdf format [700 kb]
- 08/05/2003 :
Tennessee Food Safety Incident Guideline Guidelines to follow, important phone numbers and incident management recommendations in the event of an intentional act that directly affects the security of the food product(s) your company manufactures, distributes or warehouses
.pdf format [12 kb Adobe Acrobat document]
.doc format [29 kb MS-Word document]
- 07/24/2003 :
Information Brochure for the conference "Food Security: Understanding and Minimizing the Risks" to be held on Thursday, September 4, 2003 at The Holiday Inn Select, Opryland/Airport, Nashville, Tennessee .pdf format [291 kb]